Alex was a controversial treasure hunter.
Until the day Liz came storming into his life and changed his world forever.
Now, an archeologist on a dig in the California desert, everything goes terribly
wrong and everyone, including Liz, disappears.
It is up to Alex to follow the clues and find the answers. Will he be able to trust
his heart and rescue Liz?
Or will hard headedness and self-doubt lose her to the curse for all eternity?
Book Page: On Goodreads
Buy Links: Amazon Paperback | Amazon e-book | Barnes & Noble
Alex and the team grabbed their gear and headed up the hill to the cave. They were almost to the top when the ground began to shake. They looked for anything nearby to hold onto. Alex tried everything he could to keep his feet under him.
All he could think of was getting to Liz. She was all alone in that cave and who knows what kind of damage an earthquake that strong could do. But, he couldn’t move.
He couldn’t even stay standing for more than a few seconds at a time. He was starting to panic. He had to get to her. What if there was a cave-in and she was trapped or hurt or worse. He had to get up the hill.
He pushed himself up and used all the adrenaline in his body to force his legs to work and get him up there. After a few steps, just as he was starting to fall again, the ground stopped shaking.
He caught himself and started running.
“LIZ! Liz! Are you okay?
Can you hear me? Liz!?
He reached the top of the hill and the entrance to the cave still calling her name. There was no response. His heart started beating faster. It felt as if it could pound out of his chest.
He didn’t know what he would do if he lost her.
His life was nothing without her.
I am a Coast Guard wife. I have been living the Coast Guard life for a little more than a decade now. We have travelled from one side of the country to the other more than once thanks to the Coast Guard. I currently live in Connecticut with my husband and our kitty, a spoiled calico named Missy. I am working towards my Bachelor's in English. When I am not writing I can usually be found behind my camera take pictures of my life and the world around me.
Goodreads Author Page | Amazon Author Page
A Few Facts about Mandy Baker
1. She is a U.S. Coast Guard wife
2. She is addicted to coffee and drinks 4 to 5 cups a day (more when she is immersed in writing)
3. She has a cat named Missy who is her constant companion and writing buddy
4. She is almost finished with her Bachelor’s in English
5. She has been writing since she was in Jr. High.
6. She has been married to her husband for eleven years
7. Her favorite authors include Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway and Edgar Allen Poe
8. She loves to travel and wants to see the world.
9. She is a part time photographer.
10. She has lived in California, New Jersey, Alaska, Oregon, and Connecticut in the past eleven years.
11. She loves horror movies and action films and does not really like chick flicks.
12. She has a soft spot for animals.
13. Her dream would be to be on Jimmy Fallon and/or Ellen.
14. She is obsessed with the Food Network and watches it all the time.
15. She love British television and is a total Whovian.
16. She loves Sushi and always eats it with her hands because she can’t use chopsticks.
17. She is a regular contributor to a military website, Homefront United Network and is currently working on her second novel.
18. Her favorite actors include Jason Statham, David Tennant, Alex O’Laughlin, and Gerard Butler.
19. Her favorite music is country music, not limited too but including, Blake Shelton, George Strait,
Miranda Lambert, and Reba McEntire.
20. She loves football (mostly college) and is a fan of NASCAR as well.
Hosted by Mia