Saturday, July 4, 2015

Julie's Ascent by Emily Walker Spotlight



When Julie Monroe ends up in Hell, she has no idea why she was there.

The things she knows are: she's dead, she's transparent, and she been given a second chance.

Kind of.

Given the opportunity to return to Earth as a Succubus, she wants the chance to get out of Hell--but she isn't too keen on sucking souls for the Underworld. To make things even more complicated, she has a huge crush on her mentor, (name here). He's been in the business of the Succubae for hundreds of years, and Julie can't help but feel drawn to him.

Convinced she can escape, Julie believes that she can run away and hide. But, as she discovers different dimensions of Hell on Earth, she starts to realize that maybe there isn't a way to escape her fate.

EXCERPT

He doesn’t apologize. He just smiles an unnerving smirk and continues telling me about the world in which I would soon belong. I wonder if he is trying to anger me on purpose to see what I can do. Making me angry is not good for him, I don’t
 know how I know that, but I can feel the power at the end of my consciousness and it is a scary sensation.
“You will have to watch that temper, too, Julie. It will get you into trouble. Another thing you should know is it’s very easy for a succubus such as yourself to go over to the dark side.” He holds up his hand before I can ask him a question. “I know, you are already on the dark side, but you aren’t. You really have no idea how dark things can get, and I promise you the evil that will rape your soul is not worth the thrill you get from letting go.” His dark eyes hide a memory of some sort that he does not wish me to know.


@authorewalker #bookbloggers #spotlight #JuliesAscent


Bio
Emily Walker loves creating worlds and stumbling around in them. She is constantly losing her chap-stick, and has an obsession with the color pink. Currently a resident of the mountains and loving the view she writes mostly paranormal fiction, and horror. Her small family consists of her red bearded other half, a rat terrier named Rebel, and a cat called Mr. Creepy.




No comments:

Post a Comment